Though this be madness, yet there is method in 't

Friday, May 26, 2006

My reaction to the Alias finale - Reprisal & All The Time In The World. It might help to note that I actually bawled for about three hours before I actually calmed down.

Don't read, spoilers beyond this point!

I'm not going to pretend I LOVED it, but I'm not going to say I *hated* it. I liked the episode in terms of story telling, but I didn't like it for the character assassination.

What happened to Irina, loving mother despite being a spy? I don't buy that bullshit -- what's her endgame? She said power; I don't believe it. In my mind: This is another clone. The real Irina is still out, somewhere. HAH.

And, god, Jack. Jack, Jack, Jack. Jack. Again, I don't believe he's dead. Remember, we didn't see his body! Plus, Sydney had Rambaldi/Clifford juice on her hands when she touched his wounds. I am inclined to believe that he survived the blast.

And... Oh, I love the scar on Sydney's right side of her neck. Nadia's was on the left. Perfect parallel.

Also - Through The Looking Glass. Nadia and Irina died through glasses. Alice in Wonderland reference, brilliant.

Peyton/Sark. HEEEEE. I need to develop Peyton as a character. Why she has a phobia for snakes. Why is she a badass terrorist. Why she worked for Prophet 5. Hmmm.

Sloane, spending all the time in the world under a rock. Poetic justice, anyone?

And yes, I know before you J/Is come tackling me, I loved the last scene. Baby Jack. Isabelle. Isabelle knocking down the indicator, but HELL, you know she's gonna be a spy anyway. And so will Jack.

Jack -- Jonathon Donahue Bristow-Vaughn, in my mind. Or at least Jonathan Donahue William Bristow-Vaughn. That'll make him Jack II. Sydney's heart will break in years to come, I believe. Ficcie idea. :)

What else... hmm... Nadia's ghost leaving Sloane. Even Nadia left him. Sweet, good Nadia.

Francie -- Nitpicky here, but didn't Sydney date Danny for just two years? But they knew each other for 6 years? Oh, and I'm annoyed at no reference to Will. I know Cooper couldn't film because of Three Days of Rain, but STILL. I love Merrin Dungey.

Young Sydney, 'What did you do, rob a bank?' -- Awesome work, Garner! So young, so raw; we really see how much Sydney has matured over the years.

< o >

So, who's <, > and what is o?

Before this, I thought < was The Chosen One, > was The Passenger and the o was the Sphere of Life (hey, I was right from season TWO that there will be a Sphere of Life that is integral to Rambaldi's endgame, alright? :D)

But, the final battle was of Irina and Sydney. And if Irina's the one to cause utter desolation unto the world, does that mean Irina = The Chosen One, and Sydney = The Passenger? And if so, was Nadia an unneccesary sacrifice on Sloane/Rambaldi's part?

Also, where is Hayden Chase?

Why the hell is Sydney (and maybe Vaughn too) still going on missions for the CIA/Dixon? What happened to 'I want to get away from all these spy crap [...] Just you and me, and our baby, on a beach'? Surely with Isabelle and then Jack too, they'd have a little common sense not to get back to that line?

Moreover, Dixon... Why would he be encouraging it anyway?

Heeee. I love Carrie. Especially when she saw Vaughn. Awesome-ness.

A fitting ending to a loved show. You will be missed, Alias.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home